Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Mandy Kavanaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:55:38 -0400

Many of you wanted to know where I received my information regarding Knorr
cubes as containing gluten.  I actually pulled it out of the food list off
of Clan Thompson's web site as well as several people from the list serv
confirmed that.  I went to Knorr's website to the FAQ's :

"Question: Do Knorr products contain gluten?

Answer: Most Knorr products are made with gluten-containing ingredients, and
cannot be considered gluten free. Common ingredients that may contain gluten
are rye, wheat, oats and barley, and noodles or pasta prepared with any of
the previously mentioned grains. HVP and TVP, are likely to contribute
gluten as well. They are always listed in the ingredient statement. Because
product formulations may change we recommend that you always read individual
labels carefully to guide your choice of foods that fit your dietary needs."

Here is the link: http://www.us.knorr.com/faq.asp
<http://www.us.knorr.com/faq.asp>

I also called and spoke with Tony Brinson at 1-866-566-7701 and he read
verbatim the above statement but added that if I had a problem with gluten
that this product (I was asking specifically about the beef and chicken
bouillon cubes) was not recommended.

Some of you emailed me and said that you have been using the Knorr cubes for
years with no problem. Others told me that they had reactions. Here is my
question: According to Dana Korn's book some people can ingest gluten after
some time of being GF and not have a symptom while it is still doing the
same amount of damage to their intestines. In that case, people who have
been using these cubes for years with no symptoms are possibly doing a lot
of damage, right?  How are we supposed to prevent that if our own bodies
"fool" us? Am I making any sense? I am now terrified that my daughter could
possible ingest gluten (at daycare for example) and I will never know about
it because her body won't tell me. Feed back please. :-)

Mandy Kavanaugh
Mom of newly diagnosed 20 month old
www.sherwoodbaptist.net <http://www.sherwoodbaptist.net/>