From:
Redcat Adler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Redcat Adler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:24:21 -0500

HEY ALL. SEEMS THERE ARE NOT A TON OF EASY ANSWERS...but here we are:

In the regular grocery story, the reduced fat product Smart Beat is
labelled lactose-free even though it does contain sodium caseinate from
milk.  It's g.f. & comes in an American cheese type of slice.  Some store
also carry other it in other flavors.  It does melt better than the non-
dairy cheeses.

I've been eating the cheeses from http://www.imearthkind.com/ and have
been
quite impressed as they actually taste a bite like cheese and the
nachos are
really good:) I found it at my local hfs.

It is so easy to use tofu........season it with soy sauce, I use Bragg's
amino acid. Sprinkle some seasoning of your choice on it. Spray teflon pan
and brown on both sides. OR if you can eat eggs, dip in eggs, dip in corn
flake crumbs or rice krispies ground up to a fine mixture. First saturate
with soy sauce, add any spice you like like garlic, onion powder, etc.
Spray cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 400. Make lots and freeze for
another time.

I believe some of the soya kaas fake cheeses are GF. Perhaps all of
them. I seem to react to them, though, and it may be casein is the
culprit. The only fake cheese I've found that seems to work for me is
almond cheese. I live in a small town in WA state and it's in all the
grocery stores here, Safeway, QFC and my local Co op. Almond is the
biggest word on the package, it's with the soy cheeses in the cooler
section, and it says it's gluten free on the front of the label.

those soy cheeses are yucky.
goat's milk cheese is safe.  all it is ...is goat's milk and a starter,
along with
some salt..enjoy!!