VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 06:13:37 -0600
No, it won't be worth it.  Just because they are a non-profit
organization does not mean that blind people should work for free, as you
suggest.  The editor and webmaster of AlterNet get paid in cold, hard
cash and those consulting on web accessibility should as well.  I used to
subscribe to AlterNet.  I don't any more because I have shifted my
reading to other items.  When I was subscribed, I found the last survey
inaccessible too.  I contacted the webmaster and she completed the survey
with me on the telephone.

There is loads of free information on the Internet on web accessibility.
All one needs to do is to type the term into Google.  At some level, they
are aware of this issue.  I have contacted the webmaster and Mary wrote a
note in the past.  It sounds like they need a lawsuit if anything.  If
one doesn't want the hassle of a suit, consider contacting the editor of
AlterNet at 415/284-1420 and demand changes.

Kelly