From:
Will Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:46:28 -0500
Hi all!

I've solved the slow network printing problem and thought that possibly
others might find the knowledge useful.

The printers were accessed through the HP JetDirect port that were created
when installing the HP software for the 2100. I am surmising that JetDirect
acts like a print server for the computers. Instead of using the available
JetDirect ports, I created a "Standard TCP/IP" port on each computer in the
printer dialogue box. After setting the computers to use that port (which
contained the IP address of the printer on the network), printing speed was
back to normal.

Thanks for everyone's interest and help!

Best, Will

Will Stephenson
Acadia Technologies Inc.
mailto:[log in to unmask]

The obvious is never obvious until someone tells you.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml