From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:21:42 -0500
You need to check the master settings in cmos to see how the bios is
recognizing it correctly then set the slave the same way.  The settings in
particular you are looking for are translation, although my cmos refers to
it as access mode.  The choices are usually AUTO, Normal, LBA, or LARGE,
sometimes DOS.  Either AUTO or LBA is the correct setting.  Failing to do
this limits the drive to 1024 cylinders, giving the translation formula
1024x16x63x512=528 meg. That's cylinders times heads times sectors times
bytes per sector.

You should use Auto-detection if you have it in your cmos to determine the
correct setting for cylinders, if you see on the screen that cylinders are
1024.
Tom Turak