From:
thetasig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:55:55 -0800
Neil Abrahams wrote:
> So which fish have the most omega-3's?  I'd thought cod and other
> white-fleshed fish did; apparently, that's not right.  Also, does anyone
> know for a fact whether canning adversely affects the omega-3 content of
> fish?  I was under the impression that it did.
>
> Thanks,
> Neil
> .

Take a peek at this chart from Purdue.

http://fn.cfs.purdue.edu/anglingindiana/AquaculturevsWildFish/FattyAcidsFarm.pdf

I always thought and had heard that it was the *ratio* of Omega-3 to
Omega-6 that was the important factor.  There exists the same ratio
imbalance problem in grain-fed versus grass-fed red meat animals as in
farmed versus wild-caught fish.

-=mark=-