From:
Paleogal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:53:18 -0600
From: "Todd Moody" <[log in to unmask]>

>Does IR not affect the uptake of glucose by brain cells?  In any case,
>IR appears to develop even in the presence of *abundant* glucose.

>Your theory is interesting, however.  I have heard it said that
>ketogenic diets cause IR.  Maybe in the short run they do, for just the
>reason you suggested.  However Wolfgang Lutz's research indicates the
>opposite, but his studies are longer term.  Maybe IR is how the body
>deals with ketosis until it is fully adapted to low dietary carb
>levels.

Speaking of which;  I bought a glucometer to test glucose levels after
particular meals and I was also interested in levels during ketosis.  My bg
after a meal of meat, spinach, salad, was 91, my bg after meat, spinach
salad in ketosis was 102 and my fasting bg first thing this morning was 106
in ketosis.  I am wondering if it may be true about IR with ketosis.  I
checked the levels 2 hrs after meals....   Oliva