NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sherene Silverberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 22:28:49 -0400
Ted
I don't know if it is a Southern thing, but it is almost impossible
to get plain old steamed veggies that are dairy free.   I can't tell
you how often I have had to send them back because the chef couldn't
bear to send them to me with no flavor and he's added margarine or
butter to the veggies.

that's no help to you for adding things to your list, but I thought
if you are going to put up a list of dairy free restaurant foods then
it might help to put this warning there as well.

In my experience it is fairy easy to get dairy free foods in
restaurants, its the gluten free, dairy free combo that makes it
difficult.

Shez in Norfolk