ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 07:37:07 -0500
Not to make it all about me again, Matt, but I think you're starting to
understand what you said you didn't understand in my note "Sick at Heart."
The Bible starts out in its very first book saying it's not good for man to
be without a companion.  All the animals in the world, literally, didn't
work.  Adam needed a "help mate", someone "suitable for him."  Only a female
human would do, even with GOD Himself for companionship and even before sin
entered the world.

Paul says in the verses we've been talking about in 1 Corinthians 7 that
folks are better off single so they can concentrate on GOD, but only if they
have the self-control to do without sex, and this gift isn't given to
everyone.  And self-control is one of the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians
5:23) which should be present at least in some degree (depending on your
theology) in every Believer.  So if they're struggling, they don't have this
gift and should marry, but many of us who would gladly marry can't find
anyone.

So go figga.  Grin.  Too bad I'm not a female or I could quote Marisa Tomei
from the movie "My Cousin Vinny":  "Well I hate to bring it up because I
know you've got enough pressure on you already, but we agreed to get married
as soon as you won your first case. Meanwhile TEN YEARS LATER, my niece, the
daughter of my sister is getting married. My biological clock is TICKING
LIKE THIS and the way this case is going, we ain't never getting married!"

Paul