C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elizabeth Thiers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 07:51:31 -0400
Michael,
Are you able to tape yourself?  It sounds like you need a good solid splint
for at night to do a hard stretch and maybe a softer one during the day.
The OT could also do a dorsal splint as opposed to one in you palms.
Sometimes that  helps with people who have strong palmar reflex left.
Taping could be done around the thumb and wrist to add support and to
decrease some of the tone.  Do you do stretches and positioning of your hand
during the day?

Beth T. the OT