VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Cassell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Cassell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 14:34:13 -0700
Ibby --

May I suggest that you subscribe to the Skype English mailing list.  There,
the many concerns about Skype are addressed, and the latest tips and tricks
are discussed.

To subscribe to that list, click on the following link:

However, for the moment, due to accessibility problems, vlind and
visually-impaired users are reverting back to version 2, the version that
ends with the final characters 48.  The newer versions are not nearly as
accessible.

Also, one of the members of that list has just been contacted by the
software team of Skype, and asked to join them in making Skype accessible
via Microsoft's accessibility platform.  So it looks like Skype is committed
to making it's product accessible to those of us who depend on screen
readers to access their great product.

Once again, that e-mail address is:

Best always!

-- George