VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Cassell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Cassell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:12:47 -0700
My Epson 1660 scanner just bit the dust.  When I bought it, it was
considered to be the "best" scanner to use with OpenBook from Freedom
Scientific.  But the 1660 is no longer being manufactured, and I am in no
mood to go on a scavenger hunt for one on EBay or elsewhere.

Does anyone know what is now the "recommended" scanner for use with
OpenBook, particularly inasmuch as Freedom Scientific is unwilling to make
any recommendations of their own, lest they offend somebody, unless it's one
of their users, in which case they really don't care.

Also, does anyone know what happened to the OpenBook Users Group?  I tried
the old e-mail address for their listserv and Home Page, and they are no
longer valid.

-- George