VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 22:48:56 -0600
I think Mike wished to post this message to the whole group.

I completely agree.  I kind of chuckle about all the hoopla surrounding
online banking.  We haven't mastered a way to deposit a check or obtain
cash from a computer or telephone.  I think of it as self-service
banking.  I have a brick and mortar account simply to avoid surcharges.
the bank also has the most ATM's of any deployer in my area.  I work half
a block from Its main bank but I rarely if ever use a teller.  The branch
occupies an entire city block and they say it is the busiest branch of
the bank's 1800 branches.  It has 18 ATM's.  I always use the talking
ATM.  At most, there is one person in front of me to use it during my
lunch hour.  Further it has no attitude and no pesky ropes.  The tellers
always have lines and they are sometimes not friendly.

Kelly