VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:07:58 -0400
Greetings to All,

The Computer Center for Visually Impaired People at Baruch College, City
University of New York, is having a celebration for our 25th Anniversary on
Thursday, October 23.  Anyone in the NYC area is welcome to attend.  We're
honoring companies and organizations that have developed exemplary
accommodations for people who are blind and low vision. (This doesn't mean
they're anything like perfect, but it means they've done some good things,
and we want to acknowledge that).

Among the honorees will be Verizon, J. P. Morgan Chase, MTA, WGBH's Media
Access Group, CBS TV for their DVS work, and more. They'll be exhibiting
from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.  A reception and awards ceremony will take
place in the evening from 6:00 to about 8:30.

The event is at 151 E 25th Street, between Lexington and Third Avenues on
the 7th floor.  All are welcome; if you want to attend the reception, it's
important that you call Hortense Ford at (646) 312-1424.  She'll need to
hear from you by noon on Wednesday.

I apologize for the late notice, but I hope we still might see some of you
there. Thanks.

Karen Gourgey