VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jacob Joehl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jacob Joehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:24:50 -0600
From: "Jacob Joehl" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 2:11 PM
Subject: Problem with Reading Email Among Other Things

Hi everyone.  I posted this question elsewhere and haven't received a
response not requiring sighted assistance.  I have been experiencing a
problem where I cannot read my email unless I hit Reply first.  Whenever I
just hit enter to read a message, JFW 4.5 tells me the page has zero links.
Also, this happens whenever I go to a web page.  A related problem I'm
having is with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.  Whenever I open up
previously saved documents, I get only blank lines when using my arrow keys.
I have Outlook Express version 5, Internet Explorer version 5, Word8 and I
think Excel8.  This problem began last Sunday night, Feb. 2.  I got some
information on another list which said that a game which was distributed
contained an infected file and was causing this same problem for other
computer users who had downloaded the game.  There were instructions
provided for fixing the problem, but they require going to a website and I
can't do that without sighted assistance.  I am basically the only one home
during the day, and my mother is not very computer savvy and my father is
out of town for a while on business.  Any help would be greatly appreciated,
as I am probably going to start a volunteer job which would require me to
send results via email.  Thanks a lot.
Jake