From:
Wade Reeser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 15:43:07 -0400
Is it a glycemic (blood glucose) response or insulin release?  I was
thinking
it was insulin release as I didnt think sugar conversion from protein was
rapid enough to cause much in the way of blood glucose rise, but I cant find
my references at the moment and am lost! ;)

Also, anyone know the relative response of fat storage with regard to the
level
of insulin in the blood?  That is, would half the amount of insulin released
by a protein meal as compared to a carbo meal store only half the available
fat?  Or is the mechanism nonlinear (e.g. thresholded)?

  Wade

Behalf Of Jerry Stegenga