Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:25:49 -0500

Todd Moody wrote:

> Less.  You won't start emptying glycogen until BG gets below a cerain
> level.  If we assume 3 meals a day, the first at 7:00 am and the last
> at
> 6:00 pm, then probably the *earliest* point at which you would draw on
> glycogen would be 9:00 pm.  That leaves about 10 hours til the next
> breakfast.
>
> Using the estimate of 7.5g of glucose per hour, that means there should
> be clearance for 75g of glucose in the morning.

Remember the articles of Dr.Walsh?
As zonehome is gone, only remains can be found in google cash or at
http://web.archive.org/web/20021114122245/http://www.zonehome.com/met/metglucose.htm
( whole at http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.zonehome.com/met/met.htm ).
A great reading for anyone who wants to understand what's going on.

Ok, remember: "180g of glucose are oxidized per day mostly by those tissues
for which it is essential."
Beeing in ketosis it will be less, as the brain lowers it's demands by
utilizing ketones in partl.
This for a healthy one. If IR (insulin resistance) comes into the play,
muscles and liver etc. quit using glucose.
I think it's reasonable to assume that IR is a countermeasure to spare on
glucose so that more is left to the brain .
Otherwise body proteins would be degraded quite quickly.

The question is: How can IR emerge in the presence of a *lot* of glucose -
like from sugar.
My guess is that low energy levels in brain cells trigger IR.
This low energy is not bracuase of low glucose levels (obviously)
but probably because of other shortages which prevent brain cells from
utilizing this glucose.
Shortages of thiamin, ALA and what you mentioned
(Chromium, vanadium, zinc, biotin...lots of possibilities).

Or "strange" toxins which disable glycolysis. I think of "cross-linking"
proteins in cells which can disable thiamin and other enzymes.
I don't think it's a toxin disabling the citric acid cycle because then fat
couldn't replace glucose (fat uses the CAC as well).
 This leaves mainly pyruvate dehydrogenase -our topic from some time ago- as
the vulnerable point of attack.

But what to do?
I can only guess two things:
1.Get enough of each B-vitamin so that the motor can run.
2.Avoid toxins like preservatives (what stops bacteria may stop body cells)

I nearly quit eating any prefarbicated "food" since long.

regards

Amadeus