From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:10:29 -0700
I'd heard of this before, but I was watching a chick show this morning
(something I HATE to admit) and da wimmins was learnin' how to get healthy.
An AHA "expert" informed them anyone with blood pressure above 140/70 is
considered hypertensive.  One woman came in at 132/70 and was told she was
"borderline."

Give me a break!  I firmly believe the pharmacuetical giants and the "powers
that be" pulled a Doctor Strangelove, went down to the basement and changed
the figures so they could sell more drugs and snag more patients.  I also
hate it when above X is considered unhealthy and someone STILL UNDER the
limit raises a doctor's eyebrows because they're "close."  For example, my
total cholesterol level was recently below the max but "only" by eight
points.  I looked sternly at the concerned doctor-in-training (26 years old,
max) and informed her, "It's STILL under the limit and my triglycerides are
in the basement."  Little twit.  She looked kind've huffy for a minute, then
admitted I was right.  Ha!

I'm truly concerned about people whose levels of one sort or another are
normal but they get The Look anyway.  Nothing's ever good enough for some
MD's, and that's NOT the way it should be.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO