From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:33:35 +0900

> Fredrik, since you asked I'll tell.  Really, I'm convinced that diet
> rather
> than brushing and flossing is the mainstay of cavity-free teeth.

I have to agree. I have always had bad teeth, since I was a little kid.
But since starting this diet a couple of years ago my teeth have been
getting better. No more bloody gums or strange taste in the mouth, no
more sensitive nerves. I have had a couple of old root canal capped
teeth blow out and need to be re-capped, but that was a mechanical
failure of the cap, not the tooth.

I feel fortunate to still have 32 teeth at my age. My Dad is down to a
dozen or so. He started losing his in his teens! If Weston Price is
right, I must have gotten enough fat at a young age to fill the mouth
correctly, but all the sugar (lots, desserts every meal) rotted them
out. All of my back teeth are either capped or filled. We are being
much more careful of my daughters' teeth. I am hoping their half-asian
genetics will help!

I do still take care of them though. My wife got me a nice power
toothbrush and a water pic for Christmas. After having so much trouble
I don't want to take a chance.