From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:31:13 -0700
Just wondering how many others have seen and heard of low-carb products.
Here in Denver:

-- Carl's Jr. (same parent company as Hardee's) is touting a lettuce-wrappe
low-carb burger
-- Subway has what they call "Atkins-friendly" wraps (no idea what's in 'em)
-- local 7-11 store-top banners brag "Low-Carb Revolution" and have an
entire section of l-c products

There's also a local mom-and-pop store that sells only low-carb products
highlighted on the TEE-vee just a while ago.  Another story was done on
restaurants doing what it can for low-carbers.  The gist of it was that
eating out low-carb was difficult and I'm thinkin', duh! it's NOT!  Even
Italian restaurants will let you order sides of sausage.

I know this isn't Paleo per se but most of us are watching the carbs and I
thought you'd find this interesting.  I even saw an in-depth segment on
low-carb's impact on the food industry on Wall Street Week this last
weekend.  It ain't just a trend!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO