Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:40:47 -0800
I suffered from depression for many years although
never took any drugs for it.  I have found that after
removing all wheat and dairy from my diet I've been
really quite upbeat, alert and positive.  At the
beginning of eating Paleo I was still eating rice so I
am pretty sure that the opioid effects of the wheat
and dairy protein are the culprits.  The difference in
my outlook is amazing.  Pointless negative thoughts
don't enter my head so there is no need for even
TRYING to think positively.  Any negative aspects of
my life I still acknowledge but it doesn't seem to
make me feel hopeless anymore.  I am also much more
social and motivated.  I need much less sleep.  For
the past 2 days I've been eating badly and now I can
feel the depressive, sleepy me creeping back.....