Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:28:32 -0700
> Stardust wrote:
> I too have a sweet took, but after a week of no sweets somehow I lost all
> craving for it.  Like someone already mentioned when I do think about
> having a peace of chocolate I have a fruit instead, it does work.
>
> I too have a lot to learn and undo...................

Prior to going paleo I had switched to a Zone type diet where calories from
carbs was reduced to about 40% of total calories. I found that when I
increased my protein and fat intake my craving for sweets simply
disappeared. I had not made any conscious decision to eliminate sweets, yet
my craving for them slowly went away. For a time, I would by a pie and then
it would sit on the counter and rot. I'd look at it and have no craving for
it.

Since going paleo, I've found that the only time I really crave sweets is
when I haven't consumed enough fat. If I have consumed enough fat I will
crave food in general when I do get hungry. But if my fat intake has been
lower than needed, I will crave ice cream.

-Tad