Maddy Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:49:49 EDT
Hi Susan,

I'm glad your problem got solved so quickly, although I can't say I'm glad we
share that pesky problem!

Arguments have been flying back and forth on this list for years, about
whether salt is Paleo or not. Personally I believe it is, judging from the lengths
primitive peoples and animals will go through to get it. Having salt sensors
on our tongues is another indication. If the salt sensors are there to tell us
NOT to eat salt, we would all have died from its ingestion long ago!

People argue that salt may be a necessary nutrient, albeit it in quantities
far smaller than what most people eat. Nevertheless, we needn't eat iodized
salt. I use French Atlantic sea salt from the health food store, and to me it
tastes very different from commercial salt, and much more delicious.

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY

Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]  wrote:

Hi Paleopeople,
Thank you very much for all your replies!! I just thought of one more thing
I was ingesting: Iodized salt! I usually don't use salt but I made a stock
that was rather bland that needed some zip.
I get DH when I eat gluten (and iodine)!!
I really appreciate all the help offered on this list!

Paleobest,
Susan

  Some 10% of Celiacs suffer from DH (Dermatitis