From:
Bruce Kleisner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:54:25 -0400
"Jim Swayze" wrote:

> Bruce > The paleo diet provides a good place to start. But it also has
> inexcusable errors and omissions.
>
> Which paleo diet, Bruce?  As someone else pointed out earlier today, there
> are many variations.

The paleo diet as advocated by Loren Cordain, S. Boyd Eaton, and
Ray Audette. Is that specific enough for you?

> > Raw milk has the same qualities as other animal foods. It adds variety
> to our diets and has very few of the problems seen with processed milk.
>
> And it has dissimilarities with other animal foods.  Such as casein, a
> foreign protein similar to the prolamin in gluten.  I don't need to tell
> you the problems gluten causes.  And variety?  Fruit Loops will add
> variety, if that's what you're looking for.

PROVE that raw milk causes problems. You have NO evidence for that
belief, yet you persist in it blindly. I fail to see how raw milk,
as a NATURAL animal food, has ANYTHING in common with Fruit Loops.
So you are throwing out red herrings to dodge the facts.

> > We can't get honey (regularly) without domesticating bees.
>
> Regular consumption of honey isn't paleo either.

Many healthy tribes did eat lots of honey. Read some other
books besides Audette and Cordain. Even if hunter-gatherers
never ate raw dairy or honey or grains, that does not prove
that such foods are innately unhealthy. Perhaps if they're
unprocessed and prepared right, they're extremely healthy.

> >Can you answer whether paleo tribes achieved a high level of health
> because of paleo or despite it?
>
> Depends on how you define paleo.  Now answer the question.
> Were the Masai better off for having consumed milk?

The question is inane. That's my answer. The Masai are far
healthier than you or anyone else here, in MEASURABLE ways.
So were several other groups that ate raw dairy as a staple
of their diet. When you can raise a child with no cavities,
perfectly straight teeth top and bottom, all their wisdom
teeth intact, WITHOUT brushing or flossing or braces, then
you can decide whether they were better off. Or just go on
making false claims based on cooked/processed dairy.

http://www.realmilk.com/