From:
Craig Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 14:25:23 -0400
Joe Zychik wrote:

>The Eades are peddling the nonsense that carbs *make*
>you binge. It's ridiculous. Refined carbs put more
>weight on you than protein. People like carbs -
>refined sugar and refined flour - more than protein.
>The Eades are pushing "The carbs made me do it." It's
>as foolish as saying, "The devil made me do it."

You're forgetting the role of opioids in grains.  Glutens contain
at least five distinct opioids---morphine-like substances---and
they are found repeatedly in the structures of a single protein.
These exorphins also have an impact on insulin production.

And anyone who is severely insulin-resistant can testify that
carbohydrates can make them act like an alcoholic and a shot---
it triggers cravings that spiral into truly addictive behavior.
Opioids in grains are indeed addictive, and carbohydrates in
insulin-resistant individuals, because of the havoc they wreak on
their insulin and blood sugar levels, definitely do make you
binge.

.:. Craig