From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:19:59 EDT
In a message dated 7/12/03 6:40:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> cholecystokinin is the beast you need to feed. by virtue of this,
> a certain amount of fat needs to taken in before the body feels
> it has eaten enough.

In the past, say I was eating a fatty meat such as lamb for example.  I would
just routinely eat around 8 or more ounces at one sitting.  The odd thing is,
even thought the lamb has plenty of fat, I think that eating more protein
than I need at one sitting may prevent or blunt the satiating factor of the fat.
Now, for example, I will eat about 3.5 to 4 ounces of lamb with the fat of the
lamb intact of course PLUS extra added fat to the meal such as 1 tablespoon
or so of coconut oil or  heavy cream (although I try not to eat dairy as much
as possible for a variety of reasons -- sometimes my willpower falters.)  The
meal satiates me and I my weight loss started moving in the right direction
once upping fat and slashing protein a bit.  I don't think my higher  protein
meals caused protein toxicity or anything, although I do recall not feeling well
when eating according to Cordain's recommendations -- unlimited lean meat,
higher carbs (not high carb) but Cordain does not really  limit fruit or veggies
plus emphasizing monosaturated oil and fish oil.  He claimed that lean protein
satisfies hunger best and I just did not find this to be the case for me
although it may work just fine for some people.