From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:42:56 -0500
Andrew > "I think it's generally agreed on the paleo list that saturated fats are
not in essence bad and are in fact good in given quantities, so i don't
see why this should be argued over and over.  Let alone the other nonsense
Amadeus comes up with.  He is nothing more than a list troll.  Jimbo seems
to have joined him."

I absolutely have not.  I have argued for common sense instead of blind
faith when evaluating the results of these studies.  As someone else said
on Friday in different words, you can find a study that says that up is
down, down is up, and Wiltshire mice wear purple ballerina costumes on the
weekend.  We all know here that the "unshakeable truths" of current
dietary wisdom are far unshakeable.  Even though they appear to be backed
up with mounds of scientific data.  Forget the friggin' studies if you're
trying to get justification for your way of eating.  Although things
appear to be changing, the mass of evidence is clearly against your paleo
way of eating.  I should be dead before I finish this message.

Let's not mince words.  Saturated fat is GOOD for you.  Cordain and others
are wrong on this and Andrew is right.   I said several months ago that I
think Andrew is the brightest and most well informed member of this list,
excluding perhaps Ray.  He doesn't think things through, though, and
appears both to shoot from the hip as well as to actual enjoy ticking
other people off.  That's ok.  But don't expect me to sit here and not
have a little fun with the guy.  I hope he enjoys my posts as much as I
enjoy his.

Amadeus I cannot figure out.  God bless him, I wish him well.  But I never
read his posts.  Never.  They have no place on this list.  I don't think
he should be punted, just ignored (or refuted for those who can stomach
the stuff he writes).