From:
Judy Denham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 02:34:33 +0000
>But on
>the other hand, the British like deep fried foods. And do they not consume
>margarine over butter?

My husband is from England. I asked him about this and he thinks that the
percentage of margerine users compared to butter users is about the same as
here. Some people use margerine because it's cheaper but his family always
used butter.  His mother used butter and lard for pie crust, years ago she
used butter with margerine.

It is true that they love deep fried foods. I got the impression that they
live on chips (French fries).  I won't allow them in our house so he only
gets to have them when we eat out. He's worried about when his father comes
to visit, is he going to be able to handle going cold turkey on fries?

Judy