ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:59:45 -0500
Mat,

In a way you are right. This is why the counseling clinic started by our
former church administered help in three parts. Spiritually, mentally and
physically. Spiritually to see God's truth and conviction of such behavior,
and love to give grace to let them still be his kids. Mentally to be aware
of triggers and behaviors that make them reach for drugs or alcohol. Their
is a concious choice in that process as well. And physically. This is
weening the body of the demands it has to continue using drugs. It is
proven that in drug  users that when used long enough, which isn't all that
long, that the brain needs that continuation to feel it is runhning on
a  normal track, not having it tells the brain and body that it is in need
of it, just to reach a normal balance or so it thinks, and thus the
cravings. With alcohol, it is also proven that in alcoholics their is
chemicals produced in the brain by them when drinking that are much
different than your average Joe going on a bender for a good time, or so
called good time. As anything there are spiritual mental and physical
contributions to what we do.

Brad