C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jason Kruse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 11:15:27 -0500
Thanks everyone for the tips on tricycles a ways back. We are going to look
at getting a rifton tricycle for Lauren.  It seem like it will be the best
for her,,we'll see.

As the years have gone on with her she has slowly mastered most ADL's,,,,she
is slower at them and occasionally makes some mistakes ie. 2feet one hole:-)
but she is wanting to do things more by herself. Im glad to see this type of
independance shine through.

She still is quirkey,,,,she talks in jibberish sometimes, is lound
sometimes, is giddy sometimes, invades personal spaces sometimes, doesnt
recipricate or initiate normal communications with other kids. She is less
fussy than she was a year ago,,,thank god,,,. She has tempered that down.
She does seem to have a period of real emotional lability for a couple days
every 3-4 weeks.

We long for babysitters or services that would allow my wife and I to
regularly go out. We haven't in about 2 months and its getting us down.  Im
not sure how many parents are on this list but I would appreciate some
advice on how to find and organize this. It takes ALL of our patience and
tolerance to deal with her most days,,,,I just am very skeptical or
reluctant to just pick any ole babysitter

Looking for some help,

Jason dad
Lauren-6 in June, going to 1st grade, mild left hemi, hypotonia, PDD,
ADHD(unresponsive to traditionals), receptive language weakness. Teaser to
sister!