C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"K. Salkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
K. Salkin
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 19:18:15 -0400
Mag referred to it in her original message. I think this is the same case.
However there is a history of sterilizing young mentally-retarded girls
without their permissions and sometimes without their parents'.
Unfortunately, my state, North Carolina has a sad history of not only
sterilizing mentally-retarded citizens but also those on welfare with no
mental disabilities, the majority of them black.  It is a scandal, in my
opinion.

Kat