VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:48:46 -0500
Subject:
From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Hello Judi & other interested parties:

Thank you, for sharing the OcuSource resource.

I frequent the ONLINE PROGRAMING for ALL LIBRARIES website at www.opal.org
quite a bit. The OPAL site uses the services of Talking Communities. I have
had about 20 hours of listening experience with OPAL. It is easy to access
the meeting rooms you can participate in a live meeting or access their
archives of past meetings. Yes they have a schedule of upcoming events.

You can type your correspondence in the text box or use an inexpensive
microphone to participate in voice over Internet protocol VOIP. Way cool!
You are able to record the session to your hard drive using Microsoft's
media player version 10.

This is where the sensory overload comes into play. When the synchronized
web surfing is turned on you are able to view each site the moderator is
visiting. If you have your screen reader going and the voice over Internet
protocol VOIP is going well it is sometimes overwhelming to me.  Trying to
listen to two voices at the same time.

It has to be the most fun I have had with my computer!