VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:51:53 -0700
From:
Sun Sounds of Arizona <[log in to unmask]>
Common wisdom and current research indicate that the best monitor colors
for the most people are orange, yellow and black.  That is, either yellow
letters on black, orange letters on black, or black letters on yellow or
orange.  I have not seen definitive research on whether light on dark is
better or worse than dark on light.  When I had some vision a long time
ago, light letters on dark background was better for a monitor or display
while dark letters on light background was better on paper.  I think it had
to do with whether the lighting was luminous or reflected.

Bill