Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Anna A." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:23:12 -0500
Erik,

I am writing to support what Maddy said about getting tested for gluten
sensitivity through Enterolab (www.enterolab.com).  Dr. Fine's stool test
will detect IgA antibodies to gliadin BEFORE they are detected in the blood
and often before total villous atrophy has occurred.  THe importance of
this is

1) you can stop the damage to your body before it progresses to celiac
disease
2) even if you do not have the gene for celiac disease, Dr. Fine believes
that having gluten sensitivity in and of itself can lead to dangerous
consequences to the body through immune response to continued ingestion of
gluten
3) if you are having symptoms, knowing for certain that they are due to
gluten would be a relief so that you can go on the diet without worrying it
is unnecessary
4) Dr. Fine also has a test for malabsorption, which (it's my
understanding) can occur without the villous atrophy.

So, being negative on blood and biopsy, according to Dr. FIne, does NOT
mean that you are not having an auto-immune response to eating gluten.

I have no financial interest in this company.  Just a satisfied customer.