Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 06:29:44 -0500
Hi Jay;

>BUT, absolutely *nothing* was said of the Hunza taking Laetrile,
>anyway. The Hunza ate *foods* that were high in natural nitrilosides
>and, as long as they stayed on that diet, didn't develop cancer

Perhaps it (natural nitrilosides) correlate with lowered cancer rates but
can you cite some proof that it plays a causal role? Are different cancer
rates the result of foods that are eaten or a result of the foods that are
not eaten? Manufactured Laetrile or "Vitamin" B17, the active ingredient,
doesn't seem to have an effect. Although true, the natural (nitrilosides)
agent doesn't seem to have been tested.

Kreb's paper [The Nitrilosides (Vitamin B-17)-Their Nature, Occurence and
Metabolic Significance (Antineoplastic Vitamin B-17)] from 1970 can be read at:

http://www.navi.net/~rsc/krebs3.htm

I think I will start eating my apple and grapefruit seeds just to be on the
safe side, though...;-)

Marilyn