Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:31:47 -0800
From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
On Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004, at 05:41 US/Pacific, Mary wrote:

> Does anyone know where to buy pure dessicated porcine thyroid?

No, but I use and like the bovine thyroid from R&D formulations, which
is only pure dessicated thyroid.

> Or how do you know when you no longer need thryoid?
> Seems that non paleo diet, especially gluten, can damage the thyroid.
>
> But if you get completely off gluten, and onto a paleo diet, can the
> thyroid
> gland heal itself and begin producing the right amount of hormones??

Many times I think there is suppression of the  entire system, starting
in the hypothalamus, which directs the function of the thyroid gland.
One way I have observed that is in myself with muscle testing, in which
my thyroid tests completely strong, but my hypothalamus is weak.

I am working on my chronic systemic weakness with homeopathy, and have
been able to cut my use of thyroid supplement in half with no effect on
my temperature or other symptoms. It may be that at this point I could
do without entirely, as my hypothalamus now tests strongly as well, and
  other hypothyroid symptoms have resolved.

Unless the thyroid gland itself has been destroyed, I think the problem
is usually thus, a regulatory issue, as with the hormones that cause
menopausal symptoms. Supplementation is palliative or downright
suppressive, doing nothing to encourage the health of the body as a
whole. Homeopathy allows the system to retune itself and restore the
normal function of the parts as a unit.

That said, of course a biologically appropriate diet supports health
and allows the body to respond to this process. But there will come a
point where the diet alone can do no more. This will vary with the
individual's load of insults, of which bad diet is certainly one, so
cleaning up your act is essential - and I know you've done that:)

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!