C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:16:13 -0700
Kyle -

I have a mild form of this sometimes - I wake in the morning unable to move
or open my eyes. For me it's somewhat pleasant because I'm completely
relaxed, unlike in my usual state. I either fall back to sleep or a touch or
sound breaks the paralysis. Nice to know it's nothing to worry about.

FWIW - I was taking diazepam at night and it did seem to contribute to the
feelings of paralysis. I stopped because long-term use was making me feel
depressed. Not fun. I'm now taking tizanidine (zanaflex) and I'm no longer
depressed. Tizanidine has a much shorter half-life than diazepam, so I have
to take it more often (I wake twice in the night for a "refill").  I do find
it helpful in controlling spasticity/spasms.

Pam