Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 20:30:27 EDT

Dear Group
My apologies for writing about this issue, however you are all always so
helpful and knowledgeable, I didn't know where else to turn.

I am in a custody/child support case with my children's father.  He has not
seen them in years or paid child support he was ordered to.  One child has
celiac disease, the other has antibodies, severe symptoms but no visible
damage on
biopsy and the third has symptoms/IBS with no conclusive tests.  They have
all been GF for 10 months and have improved dramatically.  Their father has
claimed the other 2 do not need the GF diet and he will not pay for GF
foods for
them, etc.  This is what I need for court on Tuesday-if you could point me in
the right direction-where to find anything on the following:

Any literature describing GLUTEN INTOLERANCE and that damage may not
necessarily appear on biopsy, but the patient with symptoms  still may have
or develop
Celiac if they keep eating gluten

Any literature stating that the removal of gluten when someone has antibodies
and improved symptoms regardless of biopsy results is still significant and
points to gluten intolerance

Any literature that states a gluten free houshold is safer/easier for a child
with celiac disease/cross contamination issues, etc.

I live on Long Island-Nassau County.  Any medical experts out there willing
to help--please write.  I have been going broke trying to keep my three
children healthy on this GF diet without any help from their father.
Please help
me!!!

Thank you,
Anjel in NY