Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 10:45:43 -0600
I have built a custom pc using the following:

Gigabyte           GA-8IHXP

                        Intel 850 E/ICH4 ATX

                        P4 Socket 478/4 RIMM

                        CT5880 H/W Audio/Dual BIOS

                        Intel LAN/USB 2.0/Dual Raid ATA 133

                        W/SPDIF Card

PC 800 RIMM Chips

MSI GF MX5200-TD Video Card

Intel P4 2.4 CPU

I have sent the motherboard back to Gigabyte for diagnostics and was sent
back to me with nothing apparently wrong with it. However, I had it running
well for several weeks until one day when I came home from work and turned
the monitor on the screen was dark. So thinking it may have locked up I held
the power button until all power went off. I waited about 5 minutes or so
the powered the unit back up. This is where I got nothing. No video, POST or
anything from the pc indicating there where issues. I still had power to the
board however. So I decided to contact Gigabyte for possible RMA on the
board. They said that it would be best to send them the board and have them
diagnosis it and then they would be in touch with me to let me know. So this
is what I did. When I got the board back I reinstalled the board with the
same components and tried to get the unit running to no avail. So I started
asking coworkers some questions and have swapped out RIMM chips and video
and still no indications of a problem. But still get no post or video on two
different monitors which have been checked on other machines to make sure
they are not the issue. I still get power across the board and reset appears
to function but no video. So far I have tried the two video cards I have
bought and one I have had for a bit of time to absolutely no avail. Please
help.

Thank You,

Joseph Quinones Sr.