From:
Richard Burdess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:33:52 -0000
Hi Sherry

I have a laptop with WinXP Pro and it also has this feature, it allows me to
remove my dvd rewriter/spare battery  without shutting down. once you click
on the icon you are asking it to carry out the task that is highlighted.

It enables in my case me to hot swop between devices, which is what it is
for, if you don't click on the icon and ignore it you should be OK.

As for disabling this feature I don't think that would be a good idea as you
may need to use it in the future.

all the best

Richard