Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:53:55 -0800
How long did it take for you to notice health
> benefits
> (weight loss, energy increase, abatement of any
> disease symptoms you were trying to get rid of)
> after
> beginning paleo eating?

Any advice on
> things to give her to read, or success stories to
> share?

The main reason I starting eating Paleo was to get rid
of my acne (moderate to severe).  I found that it took
1.5-2 months for that to completely clear.  Quickly I
saw other benefits as well.  I was less congested
(didn't even realize I was), much more alert, happy
and not depressed.  The lifting of the depression was
the most noticeable change, which came about within
the first week.  I was amazed as to how direct the
link is with depression to my diet.  After slipping
back into eating non Paleo I found myself tired,
depressed, lethargic, antisocial and congested.  I
can't believe I thought feeling like that was normal.
Anyhow eventually I started breaking out again.  I've
always suspected that there was something "wrong" with
my body and acne was just a symptom of poor health,
not just a skin infection.

Now the desire to eat non-Paleo foods is almost
non-existant because I just do not want to feel
depressed/tired.  The previously perceived "benefit"
that I would receive from eating cookies/ice cream/etc
is not worth the wonderful state of mind and clear
skin that eating Paleo gives me.