From:
Bruce Kleisner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 03:01:03 -0400
"Mike Raiti" wrote:

> I wondered about this myself and recently asked about it.  I also
> recently started using coconut oil.  Now I find myself doing all of
> my cooking with coconut oil and just using olive oil raw.  It seems
> to me that coconut oil should be more stable under relatively high
> heat conditions.

Virgin coconut oil is definitely the most stable and healthy
vegetable oil, esp for cooking. Having around 94% saturated,
5% monounsaturated, and 1% polyunsaturated fat makes it most
resistant to damage from heat/light/oxygen exposure. Mainly,
I use coconut oil, meat fat, or water for cooking.

http://www.mercola.com/2001/mar/24/coconut_oil.htm

Good olive oil is hard to find. A lot is dilluted with cheap
refined hazelnut oil or something worse. Look for one that's
stone-pressed or stone-crushed, preferably unfiltered. Real
olive oil, made by traditional methods, costs somewhat more.
But it offers more taste and nutrition. I like Bariani.

http://www.living-foods.com/articles/oliveoil.html

-Bruce Kleisner