NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pamela Brundage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:06:19 -0400
Debbie,

You say your daughter had intestinal surgery ... So did I, and I am allergic
to dairy. My body can't process the proteins because my intestines are
shorter than most. I also was on a dose-a-day of broad spectrum antibiotics
(not sure which one) from October to April  from age 6 through age 9 because
I was very suceptible to colds and flu. This also could have contributed to
the problems since we now know that some antibiotics can cause more problems
than they cure. The -mycin family, for instance causes me to have intestinal
yeast infections which then go system-wide and cause sinus and vaginal yeast
infections... NOT fun! Does anyone know if they contain dairy proteins?
would be interested in finding out...

Pammi