From:
"Paula H." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:29:00 -0500
Prices will probably come down now in the USA with the supposed first case
of BSE (mad cow) being reported in the USA.

I wait for sales and then stock up.  I live in Pennsylvania, and since it is
holiday time rib roasts were on sale for as low as $4.88 a pound.  I prefer
rib steaks, so my husband cuts them into steaks and I bag and freeze.  I
will buy a whole eye roast at a good price and cut in two for two pot roast
meals.  Also, I personally do not mind tough meat so I buy chuck roasts and
cut into steak portions for myself and pan fry.  Tough but what a wonderful
flavor!  Last summer I could buy chuck as low as $1.89 a pound on sale, but
the last sale a couple of weeks ago was $2.49 a pound.

I'm not that fond of hamburger - I guess I like to chew :)  Also, I will
only buy hamburger from places that grind it on the premises because I do
not want the factory hamburger that may be mechanically separated from the
bone and spinal cord.

Paula H.

-
Does anyone have any ideas on saving money on meat? Beef prices have
skyrocked now

Mary