From:
Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 08:37:41 -0700
Sorry, can't answer about her HDL.  I do know that I have very low
cholesterol and no one in my immediate family that I know of has had
cholesterol problems.  She was not on a paleo diet though, not overweight
either.  She didn't exercise formally but was on her feet all day as she
worked at a nursing home.  She was a smoker the first stroke she had, but
then she quit smoking and about 6 years later had another stroke that was
more severe than the first.  By that time, she was also not on birth control
either.  The doctors could never tell her why she had them.

Kim

>From: Don Wiss
>
>But was she on a paleo diet, or a high carb, low fat one? Did she do little
>exercise? In this article it says that higher HDL lowers stroke risk.
>People on high carb, low fat diets tend to have low HDLs. And exercise
>raises HDL.
>
>http://cmbi.bjmu.edu.cn/news/0106/20.htm
>
>(Really my question is what was her HDL back then. But I doubt you'd know
>that.)
>
>Don.

Take advantage of our best MSN Dial-up offer of the year — six months
@$9.95/month. Sign up now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup