Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:17:25 +0200
Frederiek Bijl wrote:

>yeah the next thing we know will be you telling us that bats are  paleo...
>Frederiek

Actually, I remember seeing a documentary on the San, bushmen in
southern Africa, where a bat was cooked between hot stones. One of the
children had caught it and they were preparing it when the father came
in and asked who's bat it was..
Apparently not a weird thing to eat in their book ;-)
Me..., I hesitate but in case of famine I'd eat it without a doubt.
Does anyone have experience with small rodents and such?  My dog catches
and eats mice frequently.  I sometimes wondered how "clean" a proteine
it would be.

Christy