From:
Bruce Kleisner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:37:53 -0400
"Fredrik Murman" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Bruce Kleisner:
> >The body can't produce more than 58% glucose from protein
> >through gluconeogenesis. (Search "total average glucose"
> >or "total availabele glucose".) Eating too much protein
> >(over 35%) or too little (below 25%), too much fat (over
> >75%) or too little fat, will cause problems...
>
> I have a question. How many grams of fat should one consume
> for each gram of protein do you think?

What I've read through paleo, low-carb, body-building, and
other sources leads me to believe in 1 gram of protein per
pound of body weight (or 2.2 g per kg). Too much protein
will make you nauseous and sick. Too little will not give
much satisfaction or satiety. Fat also helps make us feel
full for longer. I'd say about 1 gram of fat per gram of
protein, give or take.

I also think we need roughly twice as much animal fat as
animal protein (by calories). Eating less causes vitamin
and mineral deficiencies. We need fat-soluble vitamins in
shellfish, eggs, liver, or raw dairy (no heating, except
100-104 F used for culturing cheese). Most "raw" cheeses
sold commercially, such as Organic Pastures, reach temps
of 135-155 F.

-Bruce Kleisner