From:
Bruce Kleisner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:26:55 -0400
"Jim Swayze" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Bruce > "African Masai, ... and other tribes have thrived on diets
> high in raw milk..."
>
> A question. How do we know that these tribes have "thrived?" What medical
> data do we have showing that they're better off for having consumed raw
> milk?  Most of the time I've seen the term used, "thriving" really means
> nothing more than "what they eat."

I define "thrive" as absence of chronic degenerative diseases like
cancer, diabetes, obesity, cardio-vascular ailments, osteoporosis,
arthritis, lupus, Crohn's, cystic fibrosis, celiac, crooked teeth,
cavities, allergies, etc. The tribes that ate corn developed bone
disorders and other problems. Loren Cordain and other researchers
have confirmed that.

> For instance, I saw an article the other day which said that a particular
> Native American group "thrived" on corn meal.  Even though we, the
> enlightened ones, know that cancer followed maize as it spread northward
> from South America, these newly introduced tribes "thrived" on the stuff.

The people saying they "thrived" did not examine the skeletons in
the grave yards and take pictures, as Stefansson and Weston Price
did with many isolated tribes. They would have seen the miserable
health endemic to vegetarian people eating mainly grains, beans,
potatoes, and refined sugars. I've seen very few people alive now
that have perfect straight teeth and no cavities. If a body can't
even develop properly or fully on a given diet, we can anticipate
rampant disease in later life.

-Bruce Kleisner