From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 10:34:11 -0500
Todd > I believe it is still possible to reach a situation, on a low-carb diet,
where weight loss is stalled and the only way forward is to reduce
calories.  In fact, I believe the Eades also concede this point.

And I haven't argued with that point either.  I've been saying that it's
impossible to GAIN weight on low carb.  Under my former theory,
plateau-ing happens when ones calorie intake meets or exceeds ones calorie
output.  Since there's no glucose and therefore no insulin if there are no
carbs, there's no weight gain.

Now that I've been enlightened, that the process of gluconeogenesis
creates glucose from fat and protein, I can see how calories do matter.

As I said off the list to Todd and Oliva, and now on the list to Theola,
thanks for the enlightenment!