BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:40:19 -0600
Sometimes I wonder if diplomats would benefit substantially by having
some plain and direct spoken fellow...or lady, at his/her side...to
make sure that content is not mistaken.  No authority to speak for the
nation of course, that could be embarrassing.  But maybe if Ralph had
been at the table and had gone eyeball to eyeball with Sadam along with
Ms. April and made his statement, there would have been no
misunderstanding.

Sometimes the problem with being professionally represented is that one
is not appropriately represented.  We can be a rude speaking people,
(judging by this group).  Our representatives should remember that on
occassion and demonstrate an understanding our our language and values.
  Maybe that's why Powell makes sense to me.  Of course that would kinda
explain dbya also...at least to anyone who thinks there is an
explaintionerary.

-jc